What are EMF’s anyway? EMF’S are invisible fields all around us – in our homes, our cars, our workplaces, our schools. These electromagnetic fields are generated by our cell phones, appliances, electrical wiring, the cell towers themselves and really any wireless device from your IPAD to your wireless speakers. In the early days of electricity, there was very little exposure but over the past 30 years the quantity of EMF’s and our exposure has multiplied at a rapid pace. Although most research in the US on harmful radiation has slowed way down since the 1980s, some countries are actively exploring the psychological and physiological effects on us of carrying our cell phones in our pockets (infertility) or in our bra (breast cancer).
So today I just want to tell you something you may not know about your phone.
- First, whether it is on or not, it is emitting radiation because it is always communicating with a cell tower.
- We should pretend that our head is a basketball, and the phone should never enter the ball area (this includes carrying it on the body.
- Everyone should study the SARS (Specific Absorption Rate) rating of their phones. SAR is a measure of the rate of RF (radiofrequency) energy absorption by the body from the source being measured – in this case, a cell phone. SAR provides a straightforward means for measuring the RF exposure characteristics of cell phones to ensure that they are within the safety guidelines set by the FCC. Find the rating in the paperwork that came with your phone or visit a site such as this one to make a comparison. https://www.rfsafe.com/sar-rating-comparison/samsung-galaxy-note-9-sar-level-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-8-sar-levels/
- Get a protective device to put on your phone or in your phone case.
- Turning off data when not using it will lessen your exposure
One very important tip: Do not sleep with your phone or other devices charging in your room! You’ll get a better night’s sleep and avoid over exposure. We would be smart to consider our overexposure inside of our homes since now we all have wireless and carry our computers and phones with us where ever we go. Even our automobiles have bluetooth! There is no escaping the frequencies, but we can be smart about it.
I was just reading about the various devices you can connect to the electrical system in your bedroom that will shut off the electericity during the night, helping you to sleep better.